Want to learn more about NSU or are you ready to apply? Becoming a VIP is the first step! Click below and complete the form to create a personalized VIP website. We'll send you updates and provide a checklist with next steps in the admissions process. Already a VIP? Login here.
Whether you’re looking to advance in your field or start a new career a degree from NSU will help you get there. Click below if you would like to receive more information on a specific graduate degree program. If you are ready to start the application process click on Apply Now.
The H. Wayne Huizenga College of Business and Entrepreneurship is a worldwide provider of academic, professional, and practical education for individuals in business, academia, government, and nonprofit organizations, possessing a recognized reputation for quality using personal relationships and appropriate technology to provide superior real-world learning experiences for students in a manner that allows education to be an integral part of their lives.
The mission of the H. Wayne Huizenga College of Business and Entrepreneurship is to advance the intellectual and career development of our diverse community of students.
To fulfill this mission, we:
We believe in this fast-paced, rapidly changing world, individuals in business, academia, government, and nonprofit organizations need convenient, accessible, superior-value educational opportunities. Only by utilizing faculty possessing scholarly and professional qualifications, providing personal interaction with students, and effectively using technology, can we prepare students for success.
We can only realize our vision if all faculty and staff of the Huizenga College of Business, with the support of our other stakeholders, are dedicated to innovation in courses, curricula, delivery methods, and services to students according to the students' needs.
The success of the Huizenga College of Business is contingent upon the ability of our faculty, staff, and students to apply newly-acquired knowledge to create value in their respective business, academic, government, and nonprofit organizations in particular, and society as a whole.
1. Conduct all of our academic affairs with integrity.
2. Be committed to the Huizenga College of Business's vision, mission, philosophy, and principles.
3. Treat each other with dignity, respect, and sensitivity so as to create a caring environment that allows faculty, staff, and students to reach their greatest potential.
4. Stay focused on, and anticipate the needs of our constituents so we can prepare our students to be "shapers" of our society, not mere "reactors."
5. Set high expectations for ourselves and demonstrate initiative, judgment, flexibility, and teamwork so we may fulfill our mission and vision.
6. Have a compelling desire to advance the knowledge of how organizations function, and apply this knowledge so that developing creative solutions is a major focus of life.
7. Have the vision, creativity, openness, and receptivity to challenge the status quo, to create learning and change, and view our role in the Huizenga College of Business and the University as part of a dynamic process rather than a set of static, fixed relationships with related tasks.
8. Constantly try to understand the contributions we can make to the vision and mission of the organization, and seek to contribute where there is a clear, comparative advantage.
9. Believe that lifelong learning, and the application of that learning, greatly enhances society.
10. Be culturally mature and demonstrate a strong appreciation for diversity and the richness it brings to life and learning.
Vision, Mission, Principles, August 5, 2014
H. Wayne Huizenga College of Business and Entrepreneurship