~ Improving communication Skills
• The three types of listening strategies
• Tips for improving your listening skills
• Communicating your company's image in person and over the telephone
• Cultivating a more professional image
• The "smile" technique
• Managing written communication and email more effectively
~ Time Management Principles
• Demands on your time: your personal checklist
• How to cope with constant interruptions
• Four generations of time management techniques
• Prioritizing your time while supporting others
~ Understanding ourselves and others and how we interact in the workplace
• Ways in which we absorb and process information
• Interpersonal Skills: Dealing effectively with different people
• How to establish a strong working partnership with your boss
• Techniques to provide excellent customer service while dealing with difficult people
• Effectively managing conflict in the workplace
~ Controlling Workplace Stress
• Defining stress and the effects of workplace stress on productivity
• "Good" and "bad" stress
• Techniques for managing stress and finding work-life balance
~ Your Career Development
• Preparing your own personal development action plan
• Setting goals and deadlines
• Applying your learning back at the office
As a participant in the Extraordinary Administrative Support program, you will:
~ Describe strategies for enhancing workplace communication with customers, co-workers, and supervisors
~ Discuss approaches and techniques for improving workplace time management
~ Examine ways to convey a more professional image to customers and others in the organization
~ Describe effective ways to manage interaction with difficult people
~ Identify stress management techniques to improve productivity
~ Plan for your own career development
This program is designed for office assistants, managers or administrators; executive and personal assistants; assistant managers or supervisors; management trainees; and human resource/training managers.
Any of the executive education programs offered by the Hudson Center of Entrepreneurship and Executive Education (HCEEE) can be delivered to your organization either at your location or in our classroom. Please contact us for more information.
Program fee varies based on the size of your group and includes tuition, instructional materials and lunch. Please contact us for more information.
Comments from Past Participants
"I would highly recommend this workshop to all persons in the administrative field."
Shaniqua McPhee, Executive Secretary | Private Investment Bank Limited, Bahamas
"Excellent program for supportive staff in all service industries."
Sherry Saunders, Supervisor | BSI Overseas (Bahamas) Ltd.
"I would recommend this program to all administrative professionals."
Lisa Smith, Executive Assistant | Central Bank of the Bahamas
"Everyone should be required to take this program - from admins to the CEO."
Sara Vogt, Coordinator | Noven Pharmaceuticals
Using core programs, we can customize the material to fit your corporate training needs. With our extensive resources and program facilitators, we will design a program that is tailored to fit your specified objectives and requirements.
For additional program information, please contact us at:
Hudson Center of Entrepreneurship and Executive Education
H. Wayne Huizenga College of Business and Entrepreneurship
Nova Southeastern University
3301 College Avenue, Carl DeSantis Building, Suite 2088
Fort Lauderdale-Davie, FL 33314
Toll Free: 800.672.7223
, ext. 25161
Want more information about this program or any of our course offerings? Fill out the form below and an executive education enrollment counselor will respond to your message within the next 24-48 hours. Thank you for your interest in the executive education programs from NSU's Huizenga College of Business!