- A conferred bachelor's degree earned from a regionally accredited U.S. institution or equivalent for international applicants, with a 3.1 GPA overall may be considered for admission.
- For all applicants with an undergraduate GPA below 3.1, the M.P.A. Faculty Admissions Committee reserves the right to place conditions on the applicants' first terms, such as: remedial coursework in appropriate subjects, limit course enrollment to appropriate levels, suspend or dismiss such applicants based upon first term course grades or require GMAT scores of 450+ or GRE scores of 306+. The exam must have been completed in the past three years.
- Applicants with a GPA between 2.25-3.09 overall or in the last 60 credit hours of their undergraduate program, and/or applicants with an undergraduate degree from a non-regionally accredited institution may be granted admission at the discretion of the Dean in consultation with the M.P.A. Faculty Admissions Committee. This consideration is based on an overall review of the application package.
- A Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL or IELTS or PTE Academic) is required for any applicant whose native language is not English and whose bachelor's degree education was not completed in English. The minimum required scores are as follows: a TOEFL score of 550 (paper test) or 79 (Internet test), a score of 6.0 on the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) exam, or a score of 54 on the PTE Academic exam. Test scores cannot be more than two years old. A letter on official letterhead from the applicant's prior university stating that all bachelor's degree course material was taught and studied in English may suffice for the TOEFL requirement.
Required Admission Documentation:
- Completed Master's Application for Admission.
- $50 non-refundable application fee.
- Official transcripts from all colleges and universities previously attended. The applicant's bachelor degree transcript must show degree conferral date in order to be evaluated for admission consideration. Electronic transcripts can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Hard copies may be mailed to:
Nova Southeastern University
Enrollment Processing Services (EPS)
Attn: H. Wayne Huizenga College of Business and Entrepreneurship
3300 S. University Drive
PO Box 299000
Fort Lauderdale-Davie, Florida 33328-2004
- A current professional resume that demonstrates five or more years of public sector experience in positions with increasing levels of responsibility.
- 2 Letters of Recommendation from employment supervisors.
- An essay of 500-750+ words explaining why you wish to pursue the Master of Public Administration degree and how it will help to fulfill their personal and professional goals. Also, describe in detail your accomplishments, experiences, value, potential for professional excellence and commitment to complete the degree program.
Optional Admission Documentation:
- Phone or in person interview with Department Chair and/or faculty
- GRE/GMAT scores
- A one-hour online diagnostic entrance test to be administered at no-cost by the Department. Details will be provided to students once they have submitted all other application materials.
To be considered for acceptance into the M.P.A. program, international applicants must fulfill additional admission criteria.
Applications are evaluated as soon as the student's file is complete.