Academic advising is more than dictating the classes that a student must take. It’s a strategic partnership between the student and the academic advisor in which they work in tandem to formulate an individualized academic success strategy that best suits a student’s skills. Every student is unique and requires individualized attention to ensure positive academic outcomes. This is my guiding philosophy!
More About Me
I’ve worked in higher education professionally since 2011, first as a policy analyst at Arizona State University, then as an assistant director/advisor here at NSU, with a brief interlude as a fundraiser for the United Way of Broward County. Here are some other “fun facts” to know about me:
- Avid reader of news, news magazines, and books.
- Author of several published articles.
- Enjoys discussing public policy.
- Worked with interest groups and advocates to help the Arizona legislature pass Medicaid Expansion in 2013.
- Recognized in June 2016 as the Greater Fort Lauderdale Chamber of Commerce’s “Hero of the Month”.