An essential element for success in the information age is to be able to identify the appropriate forms of communication for different messages to varied individuals . Participants in the session learn to communicate more effectively by identifying and removing common barriers. They learn to communicate in a manner that builds trust, teamwork, and consensus. They develop the skills that result in two-way communication. They examine obstacles to effective communication. They learn to facilitate supportive communication with diverse individuals and groups.
~ Barriers to communication
• Focus on identifying your audience
• Learn how you come across to others
• Understand the communication model
• Verbal and non-verbal communication
~ Perception and how it can interfere with communication
• Realize how we come up with perceptions
• Learn the most challenging aspects of communication
• Recognize how your perceptions and assumptions may be hindering communication
• Understand Gender, generational, and various other communication differences
~ Feedback as a valuable learning tool
• Learn the importance of anonymous evaluations
• Identify the secret of asking effective questions
• Discuss common feedback mistakes
~ Becoming a better listener
• Learn and practice techniques that will make you a better listener
• Understand the different levels of listening
• Learn the difference between distracting and attending behaviors
~ Communication as an effective management tool
• Discover the secrets of converting conflict into collaboration
• Eliminate resentment that results from poor communication
• Learn what you can say to resolve conflicts with superiors, peers, and workers
• Appreciate direct and indirect communication styles
Upon completion of the session, participants will be able to address the following questions:
||How can I identify barriers to communication?
||How do my perceptions and assumptions inhibit communication?
||How can I learn to be a better listener?
||How can I use communication as an effective tool in the workplace?
This course is designed for executives, leaders, managers, supervisors, business owners, administrators, employees, and any persons wanting to be better communicators.
Any of the executive education programs offered by the Hudson Center of Entrepreneurship and Executive Education (HCEEE) can be delivered to your organization at your location Please contact us for more information.
Program fee varies based on the size of your group and includes tuition, instructional materials and lunch. Please contact us for more information.
Comments From Past Participants
"The instructor was very knowledgeable and offered effective tools which I can apply to both professional and personal aspects of life."
Yani Avila, Director of Social Compliance | Perry Ellis International
"Good course. Very dynamic instructor."
Hortense DeCardenas, First Vice President | City National Bank
"I appreciated the facilitator taking the first part of the class to understand our backgrounds and to address our questions, concerns."
Beverly Hernandez, Manager - Business Analyst | LNR Property
"The instructor is engaging and thoroughly knowledgeable."
Gay Gagliardi, Marketing Director | Tyco International
"Clear, practical, well prepared, good examples."
Salamon Levy, Marketing Director | Discovery Networks
"Found the professor to be an excellent speaker and facilitator."
Beatriz Licor, Senior Executive Office Coordinator | University of Miami Hospital
"The class was great; I'm sure it will be helpful for every area of my life, starting with my job."
Patricia Luciani, Logistics Coordinator | Stryker
"I will recommend this course to others."
Herbert Neff, Controller | Homestead Miami Speedway
"Excellent content and facilitation."
Shannon Santos, Training Director | Coastal Construction
"Great program leader; kept the class motivated"
Wanda Ramos, Order Logistics Coordinator | GEMS
Using core programs, we can customize the material to fit your corporate training needs. With our extensive resources and program facilitators, we will design a program that is tailored to fit your specified objectives and requirements.
For additional program information, please contact us at:
Hudson Center of Entrepreneurship and Executive Education
H. Wayne Huizenga College of Business and Entrepreneurship
Nova Southeastern University
3301 College Avenue, Carl DeSantis Building, Suite 2088
Fort Lauderdale-Davie, FL 33314
Toll Free: 800.672.7223
, ext. 25119
Want more information about this program or any of our course offerings? Fill out the form below and an executive education enrollment counselor will respond to your message within the next 24-48 hours. Thank you for your interest in the executive education programs from NSU's Huizenga College of Business!